Home Fire Safety Drills Save Lives
We’ve all have had practice fire drills at school or work, but what about in your home? Planning ahead can keep your family safe in the event of a fire.
According to the National Fire Protection Association, home fire escape planning should include the following:
- Drawing a map of each level of the home, showing all doors and windows
- Going to each room and pointing to the two ways out
- Making sure someone will help children, older adults, and people with disabilities wake up and get out
- Teaching children how to escape on their own in case you cannot help them
- Establishing a meeting place outside and away from the home where everyone can meet after exiting
- Having properly installed and maintained smoke alarms
For more information on how to keep your family safe, visit https://www.nfpa.org/…/St…/Preparedness/Fire-Prevention-Week.