CommUNITY Confident Pledge
The BRE Law Bloomington team is proud to announce that we have taken the CommUNITY Confident Pledge. CommUNITY Confident is a volunteer campaign that encourages McLean County businesses to adhere to a set of guidelines to promote consumer and employee health. The CommUNITY Confident pledge also helps bolster community confidence as we redefine client relationships in the age of COVID-19.
“We are committed to the health and wellbeing of our clients and employees and are proud to participate in this community program,” said BRE Law partner Josh Rohrscheib.
More than 75 businesses are participating in the program and Bolen Robinson & Ellis, LLP was the first law firm to sign the pledge. Businesses that have taken the pledge voluntarily agree to adhere to the following practices based on guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control, McLean County Health Department, and Illinois Department of Public Health:
- Model social distancing by keeping a minimum of six feet of separation.
- Implement protocols for increased hand washing for employees and providing hand sanitizing options for customers.
- Agree to stay home when sick and to sanitize the business on a regularly basis.
- Reduce cash payment and encourage card or mobile payments whenever possible.
- Limit customers based on the current state guidelines for capacity.
- Encourage the use of facial coverings.
“We are proud to have provided uninterrupted representation of our clients throughout this crisis,” said BRE Law partner Amelia Buragas. “As the state continues to re-open we want to make it clear that the health and safety of our clients and employees is our highest priority and continues to guide our actions.”
The CommUNITY Confident Campaign is a program coordinated by the McLean County Chamber of Commerce in cooperation with the Bloomington-Normal Economic Development Council, Town of Normal, City of Bloomington, Pantagraph Media, Meltdown Creative Works, VisitBN, Cybernautic, and Creative Sites Media. Participating businesses receive a window decal to display.